Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Ulrich Schnauss

Ulrich Schnauss

Driving in my car tonight I decided to tune into CFMU, McMaster University's radio station and homebase for Squares Cubed (Sorry about the pop ups...stupid domain redirect service). The program guide says that the show I was listening to was The Pop Narcotic and right away I was digging the tune that was playing. Some sort of "Eno-ish, Dan Lanois with Edge guitar licks thrown in" kinda music. Nice. First thing I do when I get home is call the station up and find out who I was listening to. Turns out it was a guy named Ulrich Schnauss. Never heard of him but thats what the internets are for ain't it? Unfortunately I forgot to ask for an actual song name so I'm outta luck on that score. Well Ulrich has a nice little site with more than enough tunes to whet my appetite for more.


Ulrich Schnauss was born in northern Germany fishing port Kiel in 1977, during his formative years he grew a love for a broad spectrum of music ranging from my bloody valentine to tangerine dream, chapterhouse to early bleep & breakbeat tracks.


police in cars with headphones "tetrapek" 1995
view to the future "sirius" 1997
ethereal 77 "dawn" 1999
ulrich schnauss "attraktor part one" 2000
ulrich schnauss "a lie for breakfast" 2001


1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ulrich ist so ficken cool, thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home